Home Care Friends,
I know what you may be thinking, ‘are meet and greets worth your time.’ So many of you have come up to me within this past year wondering if attending community events is a waste of time. On this week’s episode of A Drink With “The Hurricane” we will overcome the question “are meet and greets effective.”
People, let me tell you, community events are the events to find business. TRUST ME! I know these events can be overwhelming to some of you, but it is up to you, as the owner, to go to these events and represent your business.
After hour events are worth attending because:
- You get people out of their comfort zone
- You get them out of their offices
- You get them in a relaxed setting
Remember these events are not intended to get you clients right away. Instead they help you form relationships within your community, which could lead to many clients over time.
Before coming to an event you must get into the proper mindset. Make sure you plan to:
- Book a Meeting From a Meeting (BMFM)
- At the event I want you to make at least 2 connections. Make sure you do not leave the event without scheduling a follow up meeting with these individuals. The follow-up is where you can convert these people into clients or a potential Power Partner.
- Have a 2 drink MAXIMUM
- A 2-drink maximum is an important rule to go by. Why? You don’t want to put your reputation or business in danger, do you? By limiting yourself, you are better able to represent you and your brand with the upmost respect and responsibility.
- Remember the more you put into this event, the more you will get out of it. So make sure to work the room, make those connections, and use this to your advantage.
If you are looking for a great networking opportunity with over 200 individuals in the Home Care Industry make sure to register today for our Referral Masters Boot Camp, February 8-10th, in Houston Texas. Steve “The Hurricane” has sold out Boot Camps nationwide and has transformed the lives of business owners across the nation. If you are serious about establishing a solid foundation for you and your business, this is not the event you want to miss! I look forward to meeting you in Houston, where our team will teach you how to Blow Away The Competition!