Happy Labor Day everyone!
Imagine walking into your business after Labor Day weekend and notice your staff is fully recharged and ready to crush your weekly goals. This is an ideal scenario for every business owner!
Now what if I told you, you can accomplish this with four easy steps. That’s right four easy low cost tips to implement right away that will greatly impact your business. You may be asking “Steve, where do I sign up?”
It’s very simple. You hold the power, as an owner to dramatically increase your team’s productivity, as well as solidify their loyalty within your organization with two words… Staff Appreciation.
Those who feel appreciated are known to:
- perform better
- more pleasant to work with
- remain loyal to their company
- be happier with their job
- treat clients better
Here are some simple and effective ideas to show your staff that you care.
- Verbal appreciation
- Take time to tell your staff that you appreciate them. You will see a dramatic change in their morale. I am a big advocate for verbal appreciation. I value my staff, I understand that my company would not be where it is today without their hard work and dedication. By taking the time out and sharing my appreciation for them, shows that their work is not going unnoticed. It reconfirms they are doing a good job, and that my friends, is key when it comes to employee retention.
- This is also a good time to add constructive criticism. I like to use the sandwich method. Start out with something positive that they did. Then add how they can improve in the future. Then end the conversation on a high note.
- An example of this is “Hey Brandon, you did a great job getting sales this week. In the future, if you can implement this calling structure we can gain more sales, I want you go have a great weekend and on Monday you will come in fresh ready to go.”
- Gift cards
- Gift cards are a great way to show your employees that you care. This low cost item shows that you have taken time out of your busy schedule to think about them. This little act of kindness can go far when it comes to employee appreciation.
- Take them out to eat
- Nothing shows your staff that you appreciate them quite like taking them out to dinner. This allows you and your staff to have a team bonding moment. Here you can discuss your gratitude for each and every one of them, as well as plan your future goals together with them.
- Implement Fun Friday
- Fun Friday is what I have implemented within my business. The day before a holiday I surprise my staff with the opportunity to leave work early. Fridays can often be a less productive day because everyone is ready for the weekend. This small act of kindness allows me to make an impact on their holiday which in turn shows my appreciation for them.
If all it took was to perform one act of kindness to increase your office morale wouldn’t you want to implement this right away?
If you would like to know more about this topic as well as more techniques to implement within your business, join us on October 5-7th for our Philadelphia Bootcamp. Steve “The Hurricane” has sold out Boot Camps nationwide and has transformed the lives of business owners across the nation. If you are serious about establishing a solid foundation for yourself and your business, this is the event for you! With limited seats available I urge you to register while you still can! I look forward to meeting you in Philly, where our team will teach you how to Blow Away The Competition.